Thursday, October 2, 2008

Random thoughts

So it's the third day of our PBL saga. And below I summarize my feelings:
1) Students should write the problems;
2) What we did in three days we should have done in two days;
3) We should be clearer in the fact that we had a concrete plan but that we are willing to change it - this is not meant to be confusing but rather accommodating.
I don't really know what's going on but I'm getting very strange mixed messages from the students and no real concrete feedback.

On the other hand, isn't it a chance to say "Well, since things are so vague, I can choose something that really interests me in terms of of strategies and go with it". Up to now, everyone always says what is necessary but here's a chance to define it yourself. When I think back to my studies, I remember horribly boring lectures and perhaps I'm now giving some of those. But at the same time, I think that this Lernfeld is a chance to really say "I will tolerate a few really boring lectures because I know I can individualize what comes next". And do the work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment